Obi received N2trn with nothing to show for it, says Ngige

0

– By Tony Edike –
The Governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, for the November 16 election in Anambra State, Senator Chris Ngige, said in Enugu yesterday, that Governor Peter Obi has so far received N2 trillion from the federation account without recording any tangible achievement to justify the huge funds received by his government.
Ngige, who said that he met only N38 million when he assumed office as governor of Anambra State on May 29, 2003, said that he succeeded in boosting the economy of the state leaving behind N12.8 billion for his successor.
He said: ”So far Obi has collected over N2 trillon with nothing to show for it. I met only N38 million in the Anambra government’s purse but left N12.8billion in the coffers. We revolutionized roads construction. It is not true that we did asphalt only in Idemili (his local government), we also did roads in every other part of the state.”
Addressing members of the Anambra State Peoples Assembly, ASPA, in Enugu, he further said he decided to contest the election to continue with the good jobs he did during his three-year tenure.
According to Dr. Ngige, he left the Government House in Awka abruptly, without completing his work and with most of his aspirations unfulfilled.
He promised to lift “her present village status of Awka, the state capital to an urban status,’’ worthy of its position even as the Anambra Airport would take off on or before December 2014 if elected.
Ngige also said that his eight years blueprint for development of Anambra State was jettisoned by Governor Obi as most of the strategic projects were not attended to till date.
He, however, said that his aim in contesting for a second term was to enable him dust his blueprint to rebuild Anambra State …

Source:

Share.

About Author

Leave A Reply